Footstool.Oktoberfest.Pygmalion (FOG)
0 Comments Published by rizumu on Saturday, October 22, 2005 at 11:51 PM.
I am currently stuffed from the late dinner we had. Fortunate enough to be blessed by the folks at Klang Jaya Gospel Centre after the performance. Yup, we had performed there tonight. Hope that we have minister in some effective way to the people there.
Anyway, I thought since I can't actually sleep now, figure I should just blog it out.
First, Foostool tonight. I had a nagging headache which I did not expect it to come so strongly during performance. I had felt the headache coming about while setting up but thought nothing of it. As we went on to do our warm ups, it had gotten more disturbing. I was thinking to myself, should be ok-lah, it'll probably go off in a while. I'm not usually a case of prone headache syndrome so I therefore dismiss the possibility of it lingering for long. But this time, it did.
Should have taken that panadol which Adrene offered.
Anyway, the headache did affect me. I thought I lost focus during performance because the pain kept coming and going, so it really distracted me. Thankfully, by grace indeed, I managed to pull through. Probably the most prominent moments of distortion was during The Untouchables, I nearly lost it man. And, Salt and Light; my line is "Lives that heal the hurts that surround us". Wah lau...I went like "Lives that love and surround...*blank*....give us! (said this in an assertive manner). I just threw something there and acted confident as it was part of the script and moved on. Afterall, I know the script the audience don't know the script (note: ck :]). *Whew*...that kinda saved me. To top it all, my ulcer was the least of the problem. At any rate, I am thankful that we still manage to reach out to the people.
And that's the whole intention anyway, to serve God and offer our best for He'll do the rest. Humanly convenient, we sometimes focus on the details of the minute that really just doesn't matter because ultimately the entire play manage to pull through. However, one should not rest in that accord but should strive to achieve excellence.
I definitely need a good rest tonight, we're going to PJ EFC tomorrow. Adrene, another player has also been unwell. Remember her in prayers too, if you may.
****
Oktoberfest. RM 1 beers! RM 9 german meals! Oi, this is Malaysia lah, where got so good one! True enough, it had failed to live up to its presentation of information on the flyer. Con job lah! By the time I got there, with Terence and Charity. 5:30 pm odd or so, some of the people there, the faces were red (probably from rm1 beers). Oktoberfest started at 5, I got there 1/2 hour later, rm1 promotion....SOLD OUT!! What the?? I think they allocated like 100 bottles or so and I overheard some waitress saying that ppl came by and tah-pau somemore!!! Sigh, this is Malaysia la...
Anyway, we settled for 4 warm beers for RM50 and had a sharing platter for RM 69 between Terence, Charity, Jon, Daniel and I. By the time we were done, it just had tickled our stomach and we were dissatisfied and had decided to venture elsewhere after our disappointing oktober fiesta. Oh, and Terence had gone over to Zing suggesting to change rm1 coins and therefore had 24 coins in total. He ended up using a coin to pay for parking instead. Haha :)
The guys and gal went to Thomas Kinkade art gallery for a look-see. Terence was fascinated by the whole setting and the man behind it all, 'painter of light'. I would like to have one of those paintings one fine day.
In the end, we settled our night at Dave's pizza which turned out fairly alright. The only downside? The expectance of spending rm20-30 tops for the night had resulted in many times more. Oh well, nonetheless a fun night :)
****
Pygmalion. OK, I'm tired now. Shall write on this one the next time. Time for bed :)
Anyway, I thought since I can't actually sleep now, figure I should just blog it out.
First, Foostool tonight. I had a nagging headache which I did not expect it to come so strongly during performance. I had felt the headache coming about while setting up but thought nothing of it. As we went on to do our warm ups, it had gotten more disturbing. I was thinking to myself, should be ok-lah, it'll probably go off in a while. I'm not usually a case of prone headache syndrome so I therefore dismiss the possibility of it lingering for long. But this time, it did.
Should have taken that panadol which Adrene offered.
Anyway, the headache did affect me. I thought I lost focus during performance because the pain kept coming and going, so it really distracted me. Thankfully, by grace indeed, I managed to pull through. Probably the most prominent moments of distortion was during The Untouchables, I nearly lost it man. And, Salt and Light; my line is "Lives that heal the hurts that surround us". Wah lau...I went like "Lives that love and surround...*blank*....give us! (said this in an assertive manner). I just threw something there and acted confident as it was part of the script and moved on. Afterall, I know the script the audience don't know the script (note: ck :]). *Whew*...that kinda saved me. To top it all, my ulcer was the least of the problem. At any rate, I am thankful that we still manage to reach out to the people.
And that's the whole intention anyway, to serve God and offer our best for He'll do the rest. Humanly convenient, we sometimes focus on the details of the minute that really just doesn't matter because ultimately the entire play manage to pull through. However, one should not rest in that accord but should strive to achieve excellence.
I definitely need a good rest tonight, we're going to PJ EFC tomorrow. Adrene, another player has also been unwell. Remember her in prayers too, if you may.
****
Oktoberfest. RM 1 beers! RM 9 german meals! Oi, this is Malaysia lah, where got so good one! True enough, it had failed to live up to its presentation of information on the flyer. Con job lah! By the time I got there, with Terence and Charity. 5:30 pm odd or so, some of the people there, the faces were red (probably from rm1 beers). Oktoberfest started at 5, I got there 1/2 hour later, rm1 promotion....SOLD OUT!! What the?? I think they allocated like 100 bottles or so and I overheard some waitress saying that ppl came by and tah-pau somemore!!! Sigh, this is Malaysia la...
Anyway, we settled for 4 warm beers for RM50 and had a sharing platter for RM 69 between Terence, Charity, Jon, Daniel and I. By the time we were done, it just had tickled our stomach and we were dissatisfied and had decided to venture elsewhere after our disappointing oktober fiesta. Oh, and Terence had gone over to Zing suggesting to change rm1 coins and therefore had 24 coins in total. He ended up using a coin to pay for parking instead. Haha :)
The guys and gal went to Thomas Kinkade art gallery for a look-see. Terence was fascinated by the whole setting and the man behind it all, 'painter of light'. I would like to have one of those paintings one fine day.
In the end, we settled our night at Dave's pizza which turned out fairly alright. The only downside? The expectance of spending rm20-30 tops for the night had resulted in many times more. Oh well, nonetheless a fun night :)
****
Pygmalion. OK, I'm tired now. Shall write on this one the next time. Time for bed :)

0 Responses to “Footstool.Oktoberfest.Pygmalion (FOG)”
Post a Comment